Soocial Outlook sync client adds support for Office 2010.
We’ve been supporting Outlook contacts sync for quite a while now but it’s been a real struggle to support all the platforms we’ve wanted to. We’ve recently released a new Outlook version that supports (nearly all) the desired versions of Office and Windows. The one platform we are still working on is supporting Office 64bit.
The new client works nicely with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (Both 32 and 64 bit) and Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 (32 bit).
Fixes / upgrades in this version
In addition to the extra platform support of course many other bugs and issues were fixed as well:
- Support for Outlook 2010.
- Support for Windows XP, Vista and 7 on both 32 and 64 bit.
- Fixed the 20010 error which was triggered when contacts had distribution groups within their list.
- Fixed an issue where the application would in some circumstances create duplicates or replace contact data with wrong information (when updating contact’s info) or deleting the wrong contacts (this was a problem with the previous algorithm).
- More stable integration with native Outlook contacts store.
- Fixed an issue that the application wouldn’t allow Windows XP to shut down.
- Fixed a rogue “Already running” error: when prompted to restart the application, the application will restart in the background.
- Many other small bug fixes and subtle UI changes.
The current version is 126.96.36.199, please use the update button in your existing Outlook client to download or for new installs use this link.
Warning: Some users that have Outlook connected with Exchange report (major) duplication of their contacts. We do not recommend using Soocial if your contacts are stored on or synced with an exchange server.
Some users have also reported a minor bug that the Soocial client will throw 20015 errors – asking you to restart the app. We are working hard on narrowing down this problem and will be fixing it ASAP.